Finance Associate Manager
A. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strategic Management and Direction
o Supports the Finance Executives in the formulation, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the overall/top-line objectives, goals, strategies, measures and initiatives of Finance Department in his/her specific mall assignment.
o Assists the Senior Finance Manager/Finance Department Manager in the preparation of Annual Budget Planning and Forecasting in his/her specific mall assignment.
o Assists the Operations Management Group in enhancing Finance related processes, implementing and rollout of innovative and relevant Finance strategies as well as evaluation of such initiatives that support business growth and transformation in his/her specific mall assignment.
2. Application of Skills and Capabilities
o Prepares and submits the following financial reports and documentation (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and yearly) to the Senior Finance Manager/ Finance Department Manager.
o Financial Statement
o Balance Sheet
o Aging Accounts Report
o Statement of Cash Flows
o Income Statement
o Government reports such as VAT returns, Tax Refund and other statutory/mandatory reports required by the Management.
o Monitors, reviews and audits the Schedules, Records and Processing of Payables, Petty Cash, Purchase Orders and Sales Invoice of the Company as well as Statement of Account.
o Prepares Monthly Operations Statics.
o Prepares financial reports or data needed by the General Manager.
o Assists in the monitoring of external financial audits and compliance checks in his/her specific mall assignment on a regular basis.
o Performs bookkeeping and recording of daily transactions in his/her mall assignment.
o Prepares, files and processes payment of taxes and other government mandated compliance requirements.
o Performs proper maintenance and updating of books and ledgers in his/her specific mall assignment.
o Evaluates and analyzes financial data and reports to identify causes of accounting and finance related problems and develops sound recommendations for improvement of policies and processes.
o Performs coaching, mentoring and development of subordinates.
o Oversees and ensures that all new hires of his/her department undergo on-boarding programs and orientations.
o Provides and supports career development planning and opportunities of his/her subordinates.
o Conducts meaningful and timely performance management and development process for his/her subordinates that will encourage employee contribution and collaboration including goal setting, feedback and performance development planning.
o Provides effective and timely performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards and disciplinary action.
o Imparts his/her inputs and other requirements needed in the department.
o Trains, develops and motivates his/her staff to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and high performance in the Company.
o Delegates the responsibility, authority or data gathering/processing to the most appropriate or qualified member of the team.
4. Building Integrity & Credibility/ Positive Image Enhancement
- Serves as a link between Executive Management, Operations Management, potential business partners and/or government representatives by handling clarifications, questions, interpreting policies and procedures to help resolve finance-related problems and issues.
5. Performs other management mandated functions.
- Graduate of BS Accountancy preferably a Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of two (2) years extensive work experience in Financial Management and Audit preferably in retail and property management industries
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications specifically MS Word, Powerpoint, MS Excel and MS Visio as well as other specialized softwares like SAP or Oracle
- Above Average proficiency level n oral and written communication skills including negotiation, presentation, facilitation and training all levels of the organization
- Deals with complex problems and tasks wherein decisions or tasks are planned, delegated, coordinated or implemented or any combination of these.
- With average proficiency level in people management and leadership
- With strategic, result/data driven, process orientation and risk-based approach mindset
About the Company
Strengthened by Ayala Land’s 30-year heritage in master-planning mixed-use developments, we continue to lead in conceptualizing, innovating, and managing premium retail concepts that cater to a diverse, globalized demographic.
With over 60 commercial centers situated strategically in the Philippines’ main cities and burgeoning centers of growth, our malls serve as lifestyle and cultural hubs that seamlessly integrate built and natural environments through contemporary Filipino architecture and design, and present a refreshing shopping, dining, and leisure experience that enlivens diverse locales nationwide.
For a workday escape, or a weekend with family and friends, Ayala Malls is more than a destination—it is where possibilities spark unforgettable moments and experiences—Awakening Amazing with every day, with every encounter.